Sunday, February 05, 2006

Rainbow Six 3

Yes, I'm about 5 years late.

I've played through a few missions of this online with my friends. Well, I say "through" - I think we've only ever completed one. But i've never played it single player.

Tonight I got through the first two missions - one set in an alpine village, and once in a blockaded tunnel in Switzerland. It's fun, if a bit nerve-wracking at the same time. In the second mission I took along a sniper rifle, which was excellent - I managed to kill half the enemies without them knowing it.

The only thing that lets the game down is the AI - both on your colleagues and on the enemies. Enemies will hide behind a car and shoot just over the top of it, so you can't get them. And then they stand up to reload. Dur. Your team mates run all over the place, and get in your way as you're lining up a shot. Dur.

I've got most of the way through the third missions, but have got stuck at a point where you enter a clearing and there's someone hidden behind a corner with a rocket launcher. I think I need to find a different way into the area so I can kill him before he kills the hostage I'm meant to be rescuing.

No comments: